A new set of path

I have asked to transfer to a new department that mostly will test my ability in writing and I have been accepted to a new job role as a content writer. 

Sounds absurd as it is, I can't believe that I have the courage to kickstart my career again by doing something I have never tried before. 8 years of my working life I spent mostly at back-office operation and  never got the chance to do much writing, unless it's email writing, but duhhh this is not even close to the actual write-up. So, yes, I am extremely anxious, wondering if I can do this or fail at this. 

One thing that I have learnt from reading various material after googling the "content writer job description' or 'tips on content writing', I have to be super interactive, up to date and engaging, especially if the mission is to promote the products of the company. I have this brief idea that my task is to manage the social media account of our company.

With the emergence of instagram and twitter, I don't even bother click the full article. I am just like the typical netizens who just read the headlines and judging it quietly in my head. Good thing, as I get older, I  don't feel the need to be in the society hence the silent reader mode. But now, things have gone differently (since that I agree for the transfer), it looks like I have to start to know how to engage with the netizens via social media.

Next, the editing skill must be top notch with zero error and grammatical mistakes or else it's a shame of my degree. This part is the most worrying because I know my weakness is the grammar. I really hope, with more practice and write up I can upskill the editing and get the flair of writing finance stuff. 

Honestly I don't know where this gonna lead me, I might be excellent in this or I might be just another useless incompetent staff. But then I really want to try this at least for once in life, I want to proof that I can be a writer and ultimately I can improve and polish my language skill, at least.

After years of silent and laziness, this blog might come to live again. (I hope so)

 No harm of trying though, just do it lah! 


Comments

Popular Posts