an old-fashioned, chucklesome rom-com XD

Does sex make it impossible for men and women to be true friends?


Harry:I've been doing a lot of thinking, and the thing is, I love you.
Sally: What?
Harry: I love you.
Sally: How do you expect me to respond to this?
Harry: How about, 'You love me too'?
Sally: How about, 'I'm leaving.'
Harry: Doesn't what I've said mean anything to you?
Sally: I'm sorry Harry, I know it's New Year's Eve, I know you're feeling lonely, but you can't just show up here, tell me you love me and expect everything to be all right. It doesn't work that way.
Harry: Well how does it work?
Sally: I don't know, but not this way.
Harry: Well how about this way. I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out, I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich, I love when you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts, I love that after I've spent the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible.
Sally: That's just like you, Harry, you make it impossible to hate you; and I really hate you, I really hate you 

source: when Harry met Sally (1989)

Comments

THESUPERMOON said…
:) tengok da movie ni??
Daughter said…
i'm still a jerry mcguire fan. hehe "u had me at hello" ;)
Daughter said…
btw sayang,
don't ever say life is unfair. Allah would never test His man if he knows that the man is not strong enough to overcome it. Take this as a blessing. That he still cares about u and remembers u by testing you. That is how he lifts u to upper ranks, to be with among the mukmeen. InshaAllah, things will be easier for u. Every man goes through different struggles, but the one who comes out at the top, is a man who sucks it up and deal with it ;) I know you're strong! The Moon had withstand lonely nights without the stars for millions of years, i'm sure this Moon too can overcome anything! InshaAllah ;)
THESUPERMOON said…
i didnt realized that u posted two comments at this post, n just realized that i had privatized d previous one. :)

anyhow, TQ so much for d reminder. took me days to hv d courage to digest ur words. i am more resolved now, though am not fully recovered but thankfully the mind is back on the right track. frustration happened when one's in ill and pain hence explained the ungrateful complaint i've made. again, muchas gracias :)
Syazwi Aljabri said…
Hey thank you so much for the generous comment and tips. It's somehow open my eyes and fortunately I apply for both courses tesl and english, both asasi and diploma.

I'm still new to this whole things, universities, courses, even the future but I just believe in what I want to be and where I want to go because everything begins with a single step and of course with the help of Allah.
Thanks so much!

Popular Posts