a call

after many months, dad finally called me. i was the last he called before my brother and sister and it went not more than 5 minutes. he called by using a different number, and i had no clue it was him. he sounded unsure, perplexing like usual but i sensed a sincere effort there. 

abah: hello
me: hello, abah ke?
abah: aah. abah pakai number baru.
me: sihat tak?
abah: tak sangat. abah demam
me: *silent*
abah: study macam mana?
me: exam rabu ni.
abah: study elok-elok
         okla
me: ok, kem salam dekat mek.
both: bye. 


i never have those daughter-father moments and i just don't know how to react like a daughter vis a vis he probably doesn't know how to be a father to me. fair situation. somehow, i don't wish this relationship to be cured. i just hope it won't affect me in the future albeit the past had molded me into the now me, that is hard to change.

millionth thank you to you, dad that i am growing awesome even though you weren't there for me. and oh, for the phone call conversation, i might have dropped few lines. pardon me.

 oh well.

Comments

aliakamal said…
sweet post! u should call your father more :)

Popular Posts